Profile

WEI YNG
sixteen (finally!), short, a little on the heavy side
a whole lot of nonsense ♥
a little space to ponder;

which came first? the chicken or the egg, hmmm.

even better without you.
Monday, June 16, 2008

There is a man, he has three kids. Two daughters and one son. One of the daughters is a blogger on the regular. He works hard day and night because he is the sole breadwinner for the family. In turn, he never gets to spend quality time with the family.

He is my father and I don't call him 'Dad', 'Daddy' or 'Father'. I call him 'Pa'.

Pa, I'm sorry for being such a screw up. I'm sorry I can never meet your expectations. I'm sorry for being such a problem to you. I'm so sorry. I know you trust me that i can achieve higher than what I'm achieving. I'm sorry you have to reprimand me for my deeds of mischief. I'm sorry I'm not the perfect daughter.

You're an irreplacable father. There's no one on this Earth that can take your place. Even when we barely talk, you always come up with an interesting that requires us to use our brains and think to voice out our opinion. Even when you're quiet, you're a real joker at times. Now i know where I inherited my dry humour from. I'm sorry for not wishing you 'Happy Father's Day' earlier. (We were all busy, remember?)

Pa, in the family, you're not only a father, you're a husband, an advisor, the financial supplier, the chauffeur and the smart guy. You're the person we turn to when we need help in our studies. You're the technical guy when we need help with the computer. You're the plumber when the water pipe's broken. You're the carpenter when we need help in our school woodwork. Pa, you play so many roles in the house. It's not a wonder where you get all your grey and white hairs from.

Pa, you're the best father in the world. Best father in the world doesn't mean that you give me anything i want, you let me do anything i want. You set a limit to everything we do. Thanks, because without the limits, who knows what I'll turn out. You don't give me everything i want, you don't let me do everything i want, because some things are not fit for a girl my age. Like wanting to drive.

Happy belated Father's Day, Pa.

May you live another 50 Father's Days.

p/s I'm sorry this is late, but yeah. I was busy the whole day yesterday.

Labels: ,

9:42 AM

Tagbox


ShoutMix chat widget


Affiliates

Alya Anisa Audrey My little baby brother. aww. Ben Beng Carolyn Chee Kin Cheryl Chi Ching Emily Hou Ching Jeanne Jia Jiun Joe Kim Jolene Jolynn Kaelan K.Priya Marianne Michelle Min Yi Nathashah Priyanka Regina Ru Yan Shalynn Sue Mun Sue Teng Tharveen Wei Vern Wen Li Xing
Kenny Sia Post Secret Xiaxue
Ads

Layout by 16thday
Resources One Two Three