|
Saturday, March 29, 2008
inspired by none other.
Yes. It is. Somehow, someone inspired me to blog something about her. Get your tissues ready, because this will definitely touch your heart. Or mine, at least.
First encounter:
It was during tuition. As i was the idiot i was back then, she turned around and smiled at me. I smiled back and said "You're from my class, right??" she was like laughing and said "Yeah..." The next day, i was being ANOTHER idiot and i went to her place in the class and asked her "You're the girl in tuition right?" I think it was something like that. Then, i felt so very left out in class. It's because everyone knows each other from tuition and i don't really know anyone. My friends were really limited.
A year later:
We're good friends now. But sadly, she left for Australia on the 28th of January. Memories of her will be remain etched in my head. So many things happened during the past year, good and bad. Somehow or rather we weren't as close as we used to. But she never changes. Probably it's just me.
who am i talking about?
Who else if not the infamous Abby Lau?
Abby Today I am going to blog all about Abby Lau, my friend who migrated to Australia for studying purposes. I know, everyone misses her. I do, too. But i try to keep in touch. Abby is the nicest person i have ever met in my life. I doubt that i'll find another girl like her. She's always smiling, alwys ready to lend a helping hand.Even though I’ve only known her for only one year, i feel like she’s an irreplaceable friend.
I’ve told her, that she’s everyone’s best friend. She doesn’t believe it. Tsk tsk tsk. But seriously, she is. She’s on good terms with everyone. If i was the one leaving to Australia, no one will ever bother to find out how i’m doing save for a few friends. You know who you all are. ;)
People will wonder, “what made this girl blog about Abby?” The answer: I miss her too much. I’m just joking. I was actually thinking of what to write on my blog, and the idea came when i was reading an email from Abby. I’m such a nice friend, no? Other people that are close to me, don’t worry. All in good time. Your blog post shall come.
Abby to me is really important in my life. Why? She’s my sole motivatator to finish my BM tuition homework. No that she’s gone, I’m slacking terribly at homework. Rather lame excuse, eh? I think so too.
A short description of Abby: She’s photogenic. Every photo of her turns out nice. She’s just so nice and sweet that you can’t find another girl like Abby in this whole wide world. Everybody loves Abby.
I have to repeat myself and yet again that Abby is just so nice that even the notes she writes when she’s close to leaving Malaysia is so touching. Believe it or not, her notes makes people cry. I’ve seen it. A qoute from her birthday card to Su Fun -
“....by the time you’re reading this, i’m most probably on my way to Aussie. I’m so sorry for not being able to be there to celebrate your birthday......”
That’s as much as i can remember. But i can remember clearly that Su Fun cried after reading the card on her birthday. It was the first time i saw Su Fun cry after knowing her for so many years.
I remember her last day at school. It was the 25th of January. A small cricle of friends had a farewell party at her house the previous Sunday. And it was as enjoyable as it seems. But it was somehow pulled off.
On that Friday, Abby brought her camera to school. It was meant to take pictures of her last day in school. That day, certain people said that during CF, they had a small farewell party for Abby and Kenneth, her brother. People told me it was really touching. Sadly, i wasn’t there. But, i missed it for a very good reason. I was making a farewell card for Abby. I wonder if she brought it there or not. As unique as i am, my “card” is 2 separate pieces of mounting board. See how dumb i am? That day, Jonathan Ho bought a cake for Abby. It was Secret Recipe’s Chocolate Indulgence. In the end, Abby got spattered with cake practically everywhere. That shows how much she’s loved by everyone and she still denies it. That girl.... >____>
Towards the end of the day, she kept on taking pictures with everyone... Then when the school bell rang, people from 2J and 2I same down to the hall to take their last pictures with Abby. Group photos, single shots, everything. As they were giving Abby their last hugs, i couldn’t take it and walked out of the hall with Su Fun. Then, i cried like nobody’s business. Tears were streaming down because the fact finally hit me right in the face. She’s leaving for good and i won’t even see her shadow ever again.
On Saturday night or something, i smsed her some farewell stuff which is like 5 messages long. She replied back the next day also 5 messages long. When i read the reply, i cried again. It was so touching. Every time i read back that sms, i cry.... Yes, i do admit that I’m an emotional person. But if you receive such an sms from a girl like Abby, its bound to make you emotional.
Believe it or not, even typing this is nearly making me cry. On 28th of January, I asked Nasheel whether did she say her last goodbye to Abby. Nasheel said that we should just let her go. That was when i saw everything in a new light. We shouldn’t feel sad that Abby is going to Aussie. We should be happy for her. She’s going there to live a better life and get better education. We should support her all the way through.
I was watching Episode 6 of Ugly Betty the other day, i also learnt that we all are so selfish and keeps on thinking how much we will miss Abby, but put yourself in her shoes.
She’s practically leaving everyone she knows except for her family, to go to Australia to a new school with different people. At least for us, we just lost a friend. To Abby, she’s not going to see her massive throng of friends in Malaysia. Think of how hurting that would be.
Oh well, but now Abby is fitting right in her school, she’s doing well, not dying of malnutrition or something. Living life to the fullest, and enjoying her current holidays.
There, Abby. A nice post for you. Thanks for being such a nice friend. You’re irreplaceble.
As i have said countless of times,
I wish you the best of luck in life. May God always look after you. May God bless you always. Although i’m not a believer, I wish you enough so that it’ll come true. And i also wish you enough. -weiyng Phew! Thats was some long post, isn’t it?
2:14 AM
|
Tagbox
ShoutMix chat widget
Affiliates
Alya
Anisa
Audrey
My little baby brother. aww.
Ben
Beng
Carolyn
Chee Kin
Cheryl
Chi Ching
Emily
Hou Ching
Jeanne
Jia Jiun
Joe Kim
Jolene
Jolynn
Kaelan
K.Priya
Marianne
Michelle
Min Yi
Nathashah
Priyanka
Regina
Ru Yan
Shalynn
Sue Mun
Sue Teng
Tharveen
Wei Vern
Wen Li
Xing
Kenny Sia
Post Secret
Xiaxue
Ads
|